Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Cape:

Well, we went on a real vacation for the first time in several years. It was so nice -Cape Cod is very beautiful, and quite different from here.

We stayed in this lovely house:

My father-in-law (the painter) rented this place so that he could paint some artist friends of his whose studio is here as well. There are so many photos from this trip that I think Flickr is the best way to share them, so please take a look if you like.




It was a great trip, and we are so grateful for the opportunity to spend time together as a family. Unfortunately, until we can unload our house we are both forced to work so much that we don't see nearly enough of each other. I need this to change, and soon. My schedule is wearing me out, and when I'm at work there is little quality time with Ray. It turns out that neither of the potential buyers we were waiting on are in a position to make an offer. So we're still stuck. For me, money worries are a particular trouble. I have a tendency to let them ruin a lot of potential fun, and rob me of relaxation and sleep. I'm obviously not alone in this, but I am the sort of person who lets worry get totally out-of-hand. I have to make a huge effort to keep that in check. I just want a little bitty house that we can afford without me having to do a million cleaning jobs a week with baby in tow. I know how much wanting things and situations different than what you've got can mess you up, though. So I'm working on all this all the time in my head, and in my soul. I know I've done the right thing. I truly do believe that women have the right to raise their own children if possible, and I'm not putting anyone in daycare. I also don't want to lose everything I've worked for over the years or put us all in financial peril. I may have already done that, though. I sure do need something to happen pretty soon.

2 comments:

EatPlayLove said...

Oh the Cape how beautiful. I'd take that house in a heartbeat. I hope things work out soon with the house, you deserve rest and relaxation!

Paula said...

Oh, thank you. I would love to be able to slow down a bit.