Wednesday, July 9, 2008

'Nother Blouse:






Same pattern, but I altered the sleeves a bit. They were much too poofy and wide for my arms, so it took me a few tracings to get it right. I made muslins to check for fit. I have this great book which I bought for $3.00 at the thrift store months ago, and it has taught me tons about pattern making. Not that I now know tons, but much more than I did before. As you can see, the patterns are a bit dated, but the basic rules do not change.




Another lucky find: Baskets, also $3.00 a piece. This is my preferred method of baby toy and book organization. She can help herself to her stuff, and it takes like two seconds to put things away. She can also help participate in tidying which I think is really important for little kids.

6 comments:

Bertha said...

Totally cute!! I love that print, so sweet and vintage! The arms turned out super!

Paula said...

Thank you! I LOVE a vintage calico -yes indeedie.

Diane Grenkow said...

So cute!! Great fabric.

Have you considered drafting it into a pantsuit?! I bet your new book could help... ; )

Paula said...

I know, really. I'm afraid I'm fresh out of polyester double-knit, though.

Cathy said...

Wow, I'm impressed--I just wrote about how much I love Project Runway b/c I admire people who sew. I've done it a few times and really like it.

Paula said...

Well, don't be too impressed. It's actually still really hard for me, but getting better. That book I mentioned is a big help. It is still available, but surprisingly pricey on Amazon.