Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Progress:

The #20 cotton came today, and it works ok with my sz 0 Addis. I think I can make this happen, but I'll need to really move on it. I don't get a lot of time for knitting right now -let alone knitting lace on teeny-tiny needles. If I do one pattern repeat a day it might be done in time. The sewing part still concerns me.

I've made a bit more headway with the BSJ, but it looks like it'll have to take a back seat to this garter situation. Looking good, though.

Baby and mama still feel crappy, still have runny noses, coughs, etc. Poor little thing sounds positively juicy. She's also just gotten really good at rolling all the way over onto her tummy, and now that's how she wants to spend a lot of her time, including almost all of her sleeping time. I'm trying not to have a heart attack about it. She's really strong and really committed to sleeping on her belly, and there's not a lot I can do about it. No matter how many times I try to roll her onto her back she just won't have it. It's like wrestling a snake -she's all muscle (yay breastfeeding). Anyway, right now she has a snore that rivals my father-in-law because of her congestion. I seem to have eaten something that's given her a rash on her cheeks today as well. I think it may have been goat cheese. By the way, does anyone else out there have a baby that spits-up constantly? It's a real pain in the ass. I have to be really careful about what I eat. Dairy seems to have the worst effect on her by far. I'm really sick of the smell of spit-up. It sort of works it's way into all aspects of your life, and gives you that general "new mom" smell that I've always noticed in other people, and never wanted for myself. Oh, well. We stink, but we're happy.

Also in the works: I'm having my downstairs floors refinished. I've really wanted this since we moved, and it's necessary before Ray begins to crawl, but I also really expect it to be an enormous crappy mess of dust and fumes, and furniture moving. I'm getting an estimate tomorrow. I think I'll be a lot happier with my house once this is done. I think it will make me want to finish painting. I hate painting.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Paula -- you're right, our blogs do look really similar!

Don't worry about the sewing up of the garter. For one thing, who's going to be looking that closely at your leg? You can also put the ribbons/bows over the seam to cover it. I just whipstitched the ends of mine together and it looked fine.