Saturday, September 13, 2008

We had the most lovely day:

We finally made it over to the Burlington Farmer's Market today. It's a 2-1/2 hour drive from here, but that gave me some uninterrupted knitting time. Please head over to Flickr for photos -there are some good ones.



The first thing I noticed is that food seems to be waaaay more abundant in Vermont than in the Adirondacks -for obvious reasons. We are not much of a farming community. We have the world's shortest growing season for one thing, and not much space that isn't occupied by lakes or pine trees. So it was really nice to see so much local food. I must have taken 10 different pictures of eggplants. It was exciting. Also, there were such beautiful flowers.



I like this shot:




One of the highlights of the day was the fact that I got to meet Diane ! She was very warm and funny in person just like she is on her blog, and I had a really nice time talking to her. She is my first "crossover" friend from the blogiverse to real life. That was fun. I also came home with an adorable (and well made, I might add) shirt for Rayona from Diane's shop -Lulu & Bea. I will provide photo proof of this soon.

So altogether, I am loving all this time off from work, but sweating finances big time. Ray and I clean two or three days a week, and spend the rest of our time at the park, and the library, and the coffee shop. This can't last. Oh well, we have a few more fun weekend excursions planned with Daddy. Next weekend we are going on a hike, and in October we will go to Rhinebeck . I'm sure we'll do some stuff in between. I love having a sane schedule, and I look forward to the day when our housing is affordable again so that it can continue.


So please check out the rest of the photos -I love the fall!

No comments: