Friday, July 3, 2009

A little Sewing:

A shirred sundress from fabric I've been saving since she was tiny:


I had another dress in mind for it, but in the end this seemed easier and more economical, because she will be able to wear it for a few summers I hope. Eventually it can be a top.



It turned out very well, though I had a tough time with my machine last night for some reason. The shirring and elastic thread didn't sit well with it, I guess. The pattern is here.

These little skirts are sure to grow in number as they are insanely easy. They are the Oliver & S Lazy Days Skirt pattern minus the ribbon hem to be found here. And again, if they don't become too short they may last a few seasons.


My creative energy sure comes in fits and starts. I can do nothing for months, and then all of a sudden I will sew for three days straight. Now I'm tired. I'd better go lie down.

No comments: