Saturday, February 7, 2009

SO missing summer:

I am feeling better. -And I want to thank everyone I know for being so nice to me through all of this. I hope it is over.

I have been doing some SERIOUS daydreaming lately. My mind keeps drifting back to last summer and all of the times we had as a family. One of the most notable was the trip we took to the farmer's market in Burlington:


That was such a lovely afternoon. In these times of dark and grey I keep going over the things I used to do that seem so far away now. I don't know what it is about this winter that has been so different. I've never had so hard a time. Maybe it's all the illness, or the lack of money. Those are valid concerns. I think mostly, though, it has been the most isolated winter I have had. I don't see my husband as often as I need to to be happy, I guess. This is necessary for now. My days are so long, and lonely. If not for my friends I would have gone stark raving mad by now. So thanks, all.

2 comments:

MHuber said...

It was good to see you and Rayona yesterday. We have been to the Burlington Farmers Market as well and love it! It is on the agenda again this year to go. Hope to see you again soon, I just re-upped the bagel supplies today! Oh, and the soy milk!

Paula said...

It was good to see you too! I missed the coffee shop so much while I was sick.