Sunday, June 22, 2008

Some pretties:

These were taken on Father's Day:






By now most of these flowers have faded or been eaten up by bugs. As have all the vegetable plants I was trying to grow. Oh, well. The weather was not ideal, either. It was hot, it was cold, it rained torrentially. I can try again with all the greens, but I may have to do containers. We'll see. This actually bums me out a lot, because I braved blackflies like nobody's seen in 15 years, and put in a ton of labor, and got blisters over it. My potted tomatoes look good, though.
So, I'm kinda going through some things lately, and having to make some tough decisions. I don't know if I've mentioned it, but our lovely home has been on the market for quite some time. I hate it, but it's inevitable if I'm not going to continue drafting full time. Which I am not. I have a feeling that something may happen with it this summer, and that makes me really sad for obvious reasons.
Also, my business is busy, and getting busier, but I've had some health issues lately, and I'm beginning to feel a bit worn down. Plus, my business partner is pregnant, and having to slow down, and eventually stop cleaning. I'm bringing in another girl to help out, but I think I may have to wind it all down around it's one year anniversary. It was never meant to be a long term endeavor, and I knew that there'd be physical burnout sooner or later. I'm being given an opportunity to join a good friend of mine in her business, and it will provide Rayona and I with the ability to be in one place all day. We won't have to hustle all over, and carry all our gear everywhere -which particulaly sucks in the winter. So there are changes afoot, I believe. I think I ought to listen to my environment, and my body, and go with the opportunities when they present themselves. However, it's always scary to face these sorts of things.

2 comments:

Diane Grenkow said...

Oh my. Hang in there.

Paula said...

Thank you, Diane. I know that things will work themselves out as they always do, but boy am I an anxious sort.