Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Well we went

...to Rhinebeck, and it was great. This trip was bittersweet, as we are remembering Josh's mom a lot right now, and the sheep and wool festival was the last place we saw her. Never-the-less, we had a wonderful time together as a family. The weather was considerably colder than last year, but still gorgeous -as was the drive there and back.


Ray is much better able to appreciate the animals this year and had lots of fun. She particularly liked the alpacas ("Hi-pAca!" is how she says it).



As for stuff around here, there is a new pair of yellow wool pants running around:




I love these things. I decided to change up the pattern a lot this time. I have also been knitting baby cardigans for sale on Etsy soon, and I may add some of these pants too.

Today felt like a day to not go anywhere. It's raining and bitter, and grey. The house feels big, and empty, and cold, and dark. Except for the kitchen. I keep that warm by closing all the doors to it, and keeping the light on, and the various coffee and breakfast smells linger there which is a comfort. It feels like a soup night to me.



No comments: